- Université Laval
- Civil Engineering
- Earth Science
- Spatio-temporal databases
- Spatial and social dynamics
- Geosimulation and geovisualization
- 2D and 3D spatial modeling
- Geosensor networks
- Spatial information systems and analysis
Affiliated research axes
Change and Transition Management
Resource and Product Maximization
Projects funded by the RRECQ
Towards a geospatial digital twin for the circular economy: recovering organic materials
The overarching objective of the project is to establish an interdisciplinary collaboration to lay the groundwork for the design and development of a geospatial digital twin to support the recovery chain for organic materials at the provincial scale (Québec). More specifically, the proposed platform will focus on the analysis and definition of environmental, social and economic indicators for residual organic material recovery in Québec. The research aims to:
- Develop a prototype of the proposed platform for a specific scenario in the Québec area.
- Establish innovative scientific and methodological bases to extend the proposed system to the province of Québec.
- Draft a funding request for a structuring project in the context of the organic matter recovery chain based on the principles of circular economy.
The project will be carried out as part of a close collaboration between researchers and stakeholders based on a co-construction approach.
- Digital twin
- Environmental indicators
- Organic materials