- Université du Québec à Montréal - UQAM
- Human Geography
- Urban Studies
- Urban sustainability
- Small and medium-sized cities
- Urbanization in developing countries
- Urban form
- Green and public open spaces
- Urban agriculture
Affiliated research axes
Change and Transition Management
Resource and Product Maximization
Projects funded by the RRECQ
Co-construction of a local understanding of the circular economy: vision, assessment and governance in Victoriaville
The project examines the CE vision, governance and practices at a municipal level.
It focuses on three key CE sectors: food, energy (including transportation) and waste (Keblowski et al 2020). Two key research issues are raised:
- How do stakeholders understand CE as a concept and what is their understanding of CE practices and assessment in a city and region like Victoriaville?
- How is CE governed and practiced by different political and social stakeholders?
The questions will be explored from the perspectives of the concepts of the socio-technological vision and the governance of the socioecological transition.
- Circular economy
- Energy policy
- Residual materials